- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh jalapeño pepper
- 3 1/2 cups diced tomatoes (1 28-ounce can)
- 12 ounces lager beer
- 3/4 cup peanuts, ground fine in a food processor
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups cooked turkey, skin removed, chopped
- Ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 1 lime, zest and juice
In a large Dutch oven or stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and bell pepper and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and jalapeño and sauté another few minutes. Stir in the diced tomatoes, beer and a pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Cover pot, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the ground peanuts, coconut milk and turkey. Stir and simmer, uncovered, for another 5-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir in the parsley, cilantro and lime zest and juice.
Enjoy this Brazilian-inspired dish as soup or stew, served with rice; shrimp and chicken are used in the classic versions.
Posted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.strongertogether.coop.