Cranberry Orange Scones
Whip up this delightful breakfast scone using seasonal fresh cranberries! The tartness of the cranberries work wonderfully with the sweetness of white chocolate chips and an orange glaze. This is the perfect recipe for a cozy holiday morning spent with friends and family.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Calories per serving: 370
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the all-purpose flour, pastry flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Cut in the butter using a dough cutter or your hands. Mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the buttermilk, orange zest and vanilla. Pour into the dry ingredients.
- Mix until a rough dough forms, but make sure not to overmix!
- Fold in the cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Turn onto a counter and lightly knead into a 1" thick disk.
- Cut into wedges and place on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until crisp and fully cooked.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and orange juice to make the glaze.
- Allow scones to cool slightly then drizzle the glaze on top.