Mushroom Ravioli with Roasted Butternut Squash Sauce
As fall approaches, what could be better than a creamy, comforting butternut squash pasta? We used Kite Hill mushroom ravioli as the base for this dish, but any kind of pasta would work well. The ravioli is completely plant based, so if you need a vegan option simply omit the Parmesan cheese! This pasta comes together easily and looks stunning on the plate.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Calories per serving: 469
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prep the veggies:
- Peel the butternut squash. Cut in half lengthwise, scoop out the seeds, then cut into a 2-inch dice.
- Peel the red onion. Cut off the ends, cut into quarters, then separate the pieces.
- Peel the garlic.
- Place all the vegetables on a large baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat. Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway.
- When the vegetables are almost finished roasting, bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- When the vegetables are done, place them in a blender or food processor along with the vegetable broth and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add the thyme and sage and cook, stirring continuously, until the butter begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Increase the heat to medium, then add the white wine. Cook for 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionallly until the liquid has reduced to about half.
- Cook the ravioli per package instructions, 5-7 minutes. Drain.
- Add the roasted vegetable puree to the pan with the butter. Season with additional salt and pepper. Heat the sauce for a few minutes, then stir in the freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- To plate, spoon the sauce on the bottom of a plate or bowl. Add a few pieces of ravioli, then spoon more sauce on top. Garnish with additional thyme, sage, and Parmesan.