Co+op Basics: Vegan Butter Tofu
This vegan butter tofu is hearty, creamy, and oh so comforting. It's loaded up with extra veggies for added nutrition and is full of protein thanks to the tofu. Featuring 9 different products from our Co+op Basics line, this meal comes in at $3.40/serving. The following products are all Co+op Basics:
- Field Day olive oil
- Field Day crushed tomatoes
- Field Day peanut butter
- Field Day coconut milk
- Field Day brown sugar
- Snopac frozen peas
- Snopac frozen carrots
- Soy Boy firm tofu
- Bulk long grain white rice
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Calories per serving: 537
- Cook rice according to your preferred method.
- Press the tofu for at least 15 minutes, then cut into cubes. Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray and pan fry the tofu on each side until crispy and golden brown, 5-7 minutes per side.
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook until brown, about 10 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add garam masala, turmeric, coriander, cumin, chili powder and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the onions to a blender and add tomatoes and peanut butter and blend until smooth.
- Return to the pot. Add coconut milk, brown sugar, and season with salt. Add the peas, corn, and tofu and mix together. Cover the pot and cook on medium-low until everything is heated throughout.
- Serve with cooked white rice.