Springtime Asparagus Soup
It's April which means it's time for some fresh, beautiful asparagus! This soup recipe is super simple and uses fresh asparagus and spinach to give it a vibrant green color. The potatoes add heartiness, and the half & half rounds it all out. This is the perfect recipe for a nice lunch outside on a porch or patio.
- Prepare asparagus, potatoes, garlic, onion, spinach and lime zest.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and cumin. Sauté until onions are soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Add potatoes, broth, and salt. Bring to a boil then simmer until potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add asparagus and spinach and cook until asparagus is tender and bright green, about 5 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, or working in batches with a regular blender or food processor, blend the soup until completely smooth.
- Return to the pot. Add lime zest, half and half, paprika, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes more to bring the temperature back up.
- Serve with fresh bread or crispy crackers.