Local Tomato & Goat Cheese Crostini's
We've got an amazing summer bounty of tomatoes here at the Co-op! We decided to feature them in a delicious appetizer using other local ingredients. This recipe is SUPER local, and features bread from Central Illinois Bakehouse, goat cheese from Prairie Fruits Farm, basil from Green Pantry Nursery, and honey from Sasse's Apiary!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Calories per serving: 284
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the demi-baguette and lightly toast in the oven, for 5-10 minutes depending on the freshness of the bread.
- Meanwhile, prepare the basil in a chiffonade, and dice the cherry tomatoes.
- When the bread is done, spread a decent amount of goat cheese on each slice. Top with cherry tomatoes and sweet basil.
- Dip a spoon into the honey and drizzle evenly over the top of the crostini. Just before serving, drizzle with a light amount of olive oil.