Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers
Spicy food fans will find plenty to cheer about with these jalapenos stuffed with spiced pork and smoked cheddar.
Recipe from National Cooperative of Grocers
Ground pork sausage
Cream cheese, softened
Shredded smoked cheddar cheese
Tortilla chips, finely crushed
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Calories per serving: 137
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove stems and slice each pepper in half lengthwise. Use a spoon to scoop out any seeds and some of the rib to make a boat.
- Place sausage in a skillet over medium heat and cook until evenly brown. Remove to a paper towel and allow grease to drain.
- In a bowl, mix the sausage, cream cheese, shredded cheese, and seasoning. Press 1 tablespoon of the sausage mixture into each jalapeno half. The sausage mixture should be just enough to mound above the pepper.
- Combine the melted butter and crushed tortilla chips in a small bowl or plate. Gently press each pepper, cheese side down, into the chip mixture, and arrange the stuffed pepper in baking dishes.
- Bake for 20 minutes, remove from the oven, and let sit for a few minutes before serving.