Co+op Basics: Garlicky Smashed Chickpeas with Poblano & Corn
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Calories per serving: 604
Cost per serving: $3.08
We've put together a simple dish that you could eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! This is an easy salad made of chickpeas, corn, onion, and poblano and topped with a local fried egg. The best part? This recipe features 4 Co+op Basics products and comes out to $3.03 per serving! The following products are all part of Co+op Basics:
- Wild Harvest chickpeas
- Field Day sweet corn
- Field Day olive oil
- Allison Centennial Farm eggs
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Cook the onion and poblano, stirring, until tender about 6-8 minutes. Add the corn, salt and pepper, and cook until corn is tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the chickpeas and mash with the back of a spoon until chunky. Season with additional salt. Cook until they are a little crisp on the edges, 7-8 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is softened but not browned about 3 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil. Crack eggs and fry for 2-3 minutes until whites start to crisp around the edges.
- Add the corn mixture to a bowl or plate, spoon chickpeas on top, and add the fried egg in the middle. Garnish with fresh dill.