Mason Jar Gifts - Rosemary Focaccia Bread
This Focaccia bread makes the perfect Mason jar gift! Assemble the mason jar and spice packet, and give along with directions for a perfect holiday baking recipe.
This bread is chewy and delicious, and is amazing dipped in olive oil with additional spices. Even a novice bread baker can achieve perfection!
- Pour the Focaccia mix into a large bowl. Add the water and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir until thoroughly mixed. If needed, add more water a teaspoon at a time until a dough forms. Roll out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl and turn the dough to coat the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm spot until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the dough on a baking sheet. Stretch the dough just slightly to expand and flatten. Use your fingers to press into the dough and create dimples.
- Brush 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the bread and sprinkle with additional sea salt, red pepper flakes, and dried rosemary (adjust to your liking).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Serve with olive oil spiced with salt, red pepper flakes, and rosemary.