Choritzo Tofu Breakfast Scramble
Our grocery department recently brought in a new brand of tofu - Pumfu! Pumfu is a remarkable, protein rich tofu alternative made using only pumpkin seeds and water that's organic, GMO-free, soy-free, nut-free and gluten-free. Pumfu marinates well and is very versatile, and can be used for sandwiches, stir-frys, scrambles and even desserts - anywhere you'd normally use tofu, Pumfu is the perfect replacement. We used the Chorizo variety to create a delicious vegan breakfast scramble!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- On a large baking sheet, add potatoes, olive oil, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until potatoes are fully cooked.
- About 10 minutes before potatoes are done, heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of butter and let melt completely. Crumble in the tofu, making sure the pieces you are cooking are relatively small.
- Add the red pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
- To finish the dish, add the potatoes to the pan, along with nutritional yeast and any other seasoning adjustments.
- Garnish with fresh avocado slices and serve immediately. Enjoy!