Co+op Basics: Chocolate Peanut Butter Oat Bars
We've got a big batch dessert recipe featuring Co+op Basics! These peanut butter bars are easy and delicious and sneak in some healthy rolled oats. This recipe makes a TON of bars - great for an on-the-go snack or light after-dinner dessert. The best part? It uses 7 different Co+op Basics products:
- Bulk rolled oats
- Bulk all-purpose flour
- Field Day peanut butter
- Westby butter
- Field Day cane sugar
- Feather Lane eggs
- Kilgus milk
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Servings: 32 small bars
Calories per serving: 285
Cost per serving: $0.49
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a rimmed half cookie sheet (13x18) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together peanut butter and softened butter.
- Add sugar and brown sugar and cream together until smooth and light.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Press the cookie dough into the sheet, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the middle is just set.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then drop peanut butter dollops evenly over the top.
- Allow to sit for 1-2 minutes until the peanut butter starts to soften, then spread evenly over the top.
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, add butter, cocoa powder, and milk. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Spread chocolate frosting over the top of the bars and spread in an even layer.
- Allow frosting to set and bars to cool completely before cutting into squares.