Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble with Local Ice Cream
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Calories per serving: 213
We've got local rhubarb from Brackett Farms and local strawberries from Havilah Gardens at the Co-op! We decided to pair that with local Kilgus vanilla ice cream and make a delectable strawberry rhubarb crumble. This is a quick and easy dessert that packs a juicy fruit flavor with plenty of oats and cinnamon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine rhubarb, apples, and strawberries in a large bowl. Spoon into a greased 8-inch square baking dish.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over the rhubarb mixture. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in brown sugar and oats. Sprinkle over the rhubarb mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until lightly browned. Serve warm or cold, with a scoop of ice cream if desired.