3 Bean Soup
Head over to our bulk section for an affordable 3 bean soup recipe! We chose cannellini beans, pinto beans, and red kidney beans, but you could mix and match your favorites. Buying dried beans in bulk certainly takes longer than the canned version, but it's quite simple and saves you money in the long run. Paired with vegetables like onion, carrot, and spinach, this soup is tasty and nutritious.
Bulk cannellini beans
Bulk pinto beans
Bulk red kidney beans
Garlic cloves, minced
Red chili flakes
28 ounce can
Juice of lemon
Salt and pepper
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 1/2 hours
Calories per serving: 543
- Begin by cooking your beans. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 1-2 hours until the beans are completely cooked. The cook time will depend on the size and freshness of the beans. When the beans are done, drain the water and set them aside.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to the pot. Add red onion and carrots and cook 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable broth and the beans, and simmer 15-20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach and stir until it is just wilted. Remove from heat and add the lemon juice. Adjust seasonings to your taste.