Plant Boss Veggie Burger
Plant Boss is our newest brand of plant-based products. Brought to you by Frontier Co-op in Norway Iowa, this burger mix is a simple & healthy alternative to a meat patty. We put it on our new St. Pierre Brioche buns, added a slice of Truly Grassfed cheddar cheese, and topped it off with our seasonal Green Goddess dressing (get the recipe here!)
Plant Boss burger mix
St. Pierre brioche buns
Truly Grassfed cheddar cheese
Red tomato, sliced
Green leaf lettuce
Green Goddess dressing
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Calories per serving: 494
- Place olive oil and hot water in a glass container. Sprinkle in the Plant Boss mix and stir. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove cover and stir again.
- Use your hands to shape the mix into 3 burgers.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the veggie patties and cook 4-5 minutes per side, until they are shaped and golden brown.
- Add a slice of cheese to each patty. Add a little bit of water to the pan and cover with a lid until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, toast the brioche buns in the oven, in a toaster, or on an open stove flame.
- To assemble: spoon Green Goddess dressing on the top of the bun. On the bottom bun, add lettuce, burger patty, and tomato.