Co+op Basics: Corn Fritters
These corn fritters make a super quick and affordable appetizer or snack! They feature Co+op basics products and come in at only 50¢ per fritter! The following products are Co+op Basics:
- Field Day flour
- Field Day sugar
- Kilgus whole milk
- Little Farm on the Prairie eggs
- Field Day sweet corn
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Calories per serving: 172
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly beat the eggs. In another small bowl, melt the butter.
- Add the eggs, butter and corn kernels to the flour and stir until just mixed.
- Heat 1/4 inch oil in a large skillet. Once the oil is hot, scoop 1/4 cup batter (per fritter) into the oil. Fry each side until golden brown and crispy, 3-4 minutes.
- Remove and place on a paper towel to drain oil. Serve with sour cream and chives.