Co+op Basics: Tofu Bolognese
Try out this cozy and affordable dinner recipe for Tofu Bolognese! Tofu replaces meat in the sauce for a cheaper, plant-based alternative. This recipe can be made in under half an hour, and features 4 Co+op Basics products for only $2.50 a serving! The following products are all part of Co+op Basics:
- Soy Boy tofu
- Field Day olive oil
- Field Day crushed tomatoes
- Field Day spaghetti
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Calories per serving: 519
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Crumble the tofu with your hands. Add to a large bowl. Season with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Mix together, and spread on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a large nonstick pan, add olive oil, onion, celery, and carrot. Gently fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Stir and simmer on medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the pasta and tofu to the sauce and stir to combine. Serve!