Co+op Basics: Black Bean Soup
The cold weather isn't letting up anytime soon, and there's nothing better to wait out the winter than a delicious, hearty bowl of soup. This black bean soup recipe is super easy and versatile and comes together in under 30 minutes. Even better, it features products from our Co+op Basics line and costs only $2.21 per serving! The following ingredients are all Co+op Basics:
- Field Day olive oil
- Snopac sliced carrots
- Field Day cumin
- Field Day dried oregano
- Field Day apple cider vinegar
- Valentino hot sauce
- Field Day diced tomatoes
- Field Day vegetable broth
- Wild Harvest black beans
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Calories per serving: 193
- Drain and rinse the black beans until the water runs clear.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions and carrots. Cook, stirring often, until they have softened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, cumin, and oregano and cook for 30 seconds. Add vinegar, hot sauce, tomatoes, broth, and black beans. Bring to a simmer, taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer the soup for 20 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender, or transfer half to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately with optional additional toppings such as avocado, cilantro, sour cream or greek yogurt.