Brown Butter Filet Mignon Tagliatelle with Mushrooms & Asparagus
Piedmontese is our new brand of 100% grassfed Nebraska beef. This recipe pairs decadent filet mignon with a white wine cream sauce, baby bella mushrooms, and fresh asparagus. This dish also features a new gluten-free pasta in the store from Jovial! This is the perfect weekend recipe when you want to take that extra step for a beautiful and delicious pasta dish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Calories per serving: 901
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook tagliatelle for 10-12 minutes until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Season filet mignon generously with salt and pepper. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle a bit of olive oil and cook the filet for 2-3 minutes untouched. Add butter, garlic clove, rosemary, and thyme. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes per side, until the steaks are browned on the outside and reach an internal temperature of 130 degrees F. Remove and allow to cool before slicing.
- Meanwhile, heat a bit of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and asparagus and cook until asparagus is bright green, 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- In the same pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add onion and saute until translucent. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more. Add cream, stock, wine, vinegar, and butter. Cook until butter melts, then add Parmesan cheese. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the sauce thickens, then add the asparagus, mushrooms, and cooked pasta.
- To serve, add pasta to a plate and top with 3-4 slices of filet mignon. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley