Chicken Piccata Sheet Tray Meal
This lemony chicken piccata is absolutely delicious - you'll have to try this baked version. This sheet tray meal is meant for days you just want to throw ingredients on a pan, step away from the kitchen, and pull out a ready-to-eat dinner from the oven. It's so colorful and perfectly flavored, you'll want to make it regularly.
Use meyer lemons in this recipe if you can!
Common Ground will have Meyer lemons all winter long, so try using these special lemons. Not only are they more aromatic, but they are also juicier and have a different/less acidic flavor than typical lemons. Once you try these, they'll become your go-to lemons.
Substitute any veggies for what's in season.This recipe will work for whatever vegetables you have in the fridge. Use what's in season like potatoes, cauliflower, turnips, kohlrabi, tomatoes, or summer squash! It will be so tasty no matter what you use.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Calories per serving: 375
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Chop carrots, onion, mushrooms, celery, and bell pepper into large chunks and place on a sheet tray.
- Pour 1/2 cup chicken stock and 1/2 cup Meyer lemon juice onto veggies. Place whole sprigs of rosemary and thyme over veggies. Add 1/8 cup of olive oil to the veggies.
- In a bowl, add chicken thighs, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, dried basil, parmesan cheese, and 2 T. olive oil. Mix until seasoning is incorporated onto the chicken.
- Place chicken thighs skin up on veggies. Place two lemon slices on the skin of each chicken thigh. Sprinkle capers on the chicken.
- Bake the tray in the oven for 25-35 minutes or until the chicken temperature reaches 165F and the skin starts to get crispy.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve! It's that easy!