Vegan & Gluten Free Thanksgiving Appetizers
We've got some amazing holiday recipes for you! Save the indulgence for dessert and enjoy these delicious, healthy vegetable appetizers. These dishes are easy, affordable, and are very accessible to different dietary restrictions.
- Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms
- Roasted Cauliflower with Lime Dressing
- Green Beans with Toasted Walnuts & Caramelized Onions
Garlic Butter Roasted Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Clean mushrooms, and cut off the stems. Leave the mushrooms whole for roasting.
- In a large bowl, toss the mushrooms with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast mushrooms for 30-35 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, soy sauce, white balsamic vinegar, garlic, and thyme. When the mushrooms are ready, pour the butter mixture over the mushrooms and coat evenly.
- Return to oven and roast an additional 5-10 minutes until the mushrooms are nice and dark. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Roasted Cauliflower with Lime Dressing
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the juice of 1 lime, olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast cauliflower for 25-30 minutes until the cauliflower is tender and crispy.
- In the same bowl, combine the juice of 2 limes, garlic, mustard, mayo and olive oil. When the cauliflower is ready, add to the bowl and mix to coat dressing evenly.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
Green Beans with Toasted Walnuts & Caramelized Onions
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add trimmed green beans and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Heat a large skillet over medium. Add chopped walnuts and cook for 5-7 minutes until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the sliced onion and thyme, and cook for 15-20 minutes until onions are caramelized. Set aside.
- In the same large skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Transfer green beans to a serving dish, top with caramelized onions and walnuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste.