Beyond Beef Taco Burgers
We put this recipe together for our May Owner Appreciation Days! All of the main ingredients are on sale for the event. Plant-based Beyond Beef mixes with tortilla chips and salsa to create a delectable burger patty, topped with smoked cheddar, lettuce, tomato and avocado.
- In a large bowl, add the tortilla chips and finely crush them. Add 1/4 cup salsa, salt, pepper, and beyond beef. Mix everything together well and then shape into 4 patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the patties and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until they are brown and crispy and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- When the burgers are cooked, add a slice of cheese to each patty. Cover the skillet with a lid and let steam until the cheese is melted.
- Toast the buns in the oven or on an open flame.
- To assemble: add the burger patty with cheese to the bun, and top with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and additional salsa if desired.
- Serve with chips and salsa & enjoy!