Beyond Beef Taco Burgers
We put this recipe together for our May Owner Appreciation Days! All of the main ingredients are on sale for the event. Plant-based Beyond Beef mixes with tortilla chips and salsa to create a delectable burger patty, topped with smoked cheddar, lettuce, tomato and avocado.
Beyond Meat beef grounds
El Ranchero salted tortilla chips
Frontera Foods salsa
St. Pierre brioche buns
Ropp smoked cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper
Green leaf lettuce
- In a large bowl, add the tortilla chips and finely crush them. Add 1/4 cup salsa, salt, pepper and beyond beef. Mix everything together well and then shape into 4 patties.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the patties and cook about 5 minutes one each side, until they are brown and crispy and the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees.
- When the burgers are cooked, add a slice of cheese to each patty. Cover the skillet with a lid and let steam until the cheese is melted.
- Toast the buns in the oven or on an open flame.
- To assemble: add the burger patty with cheese tot he bun, and top with lettuce, tomato, avocado, and additional salsa if desired.
- Serve with chips and salsa & enjoy!