Co+op Basics: Pasta with Chickpeas in Tomato Sauce
This pasta recipe is a hearty and comforting meal that brings a little heat. Delicious and nutritious with protein packed beans and leafy kale, this pasta is a complete meal that is easy and affordable. Featuring items from our Co+op Basics line, this dinner comes in at just $2.82 per serving! The following ingredients are all part of Co+op Basics:
- Field Day olive oil
- Field Day paprika
- Field Day garbanzo beans
- Field Day spicy arrabiata pasta sauce
- Field Day fusilli pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, 5-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or two.
- Add chickpeas and saute for just a few minutes until they begin to crisp up a bit. Add paprika, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add kale and saute until leaves are wilted and cooked.
- Add the spicy arrabiata pasta sauce and the fusilli to the pan. Stir to combine, and cook for an additional minute or two until everything is heated throughought.
- Season with additional paprika, salt and pepper.