Co+op Basics: Tofu Curry with Rice
This simple tofu curry dish is warm and comforting with a mild level of spice. Featuring items from our Co+op Basics line, this dish comes in at just $2.50 per serving. The following ingredients are Co+op Basics:
- Soyboy bulk tofu
- Field Day olive oil
- Field Day curry powder
- Field Day tomato paste
- Field Day crushed tomatoes
- Field Day coconut milk
- Bulk jasmine rice
Soyboy bulk extra firm tofu
Field Day olive oil
Large onion, quartered
Fresh ginger, grated
Field Day Curry Powder
Field Day tomato paste
Field Day crushed tomatoes
Field Day coconut milk
Fresh cilantro, chopped
Bulk jasmine rice
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Calories per serving: 546
Cost per serving: $2.50
- Prepare the tofu: drain tofu, wrap in a towel and place something heavy on top to drain any excess liquid. Allow to press for at least 20 minutes. Once pressed, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Cook rice according to preferred method.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the tofu cubes to a large mixing bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir in cornstarch and toss until tofu is evenly coated. Arrange the tofu cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway, until tofu is nice and crispy.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce. Add onion, garlic and ginger to a food processor and blend into a paste.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the onion mixture and fry for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in curry powder and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in tomato paste and crushed tomtaoes and bring to a boil. Add the coconut milk, turn the heat down to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the tofu cubes to the sauce and serve with rice and cilantro.