Co+op Basics: Creamy Tomato Pasta with Coconut Cream
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Calories per serving: 564
Cost per serving: $2.29
Try this easy weeknight pasta dish that features products from our Co+op Basics line! The sauce gets its creaminess from coconut cream for a completely plant-based recipe. It features 4 Co+op Basics products and comes in at only $2.29 per serving. The following products are all Co+op Basics:
- Field Day crushed tomatoes
- Field Day tomato paste
- Field Day penne pasta
- Field Day olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add olive oil and onions. Stir for a few minutes until translucent, then add garlic. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and chili flakes and stir until combined. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and allow to reduce and thicken, 10-12 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve garnished with additional salt and pepper, and Parmesan cheese if desired.