Make your holiday desserts extra special with local black currant, rose, and creamy chocolate mini cheesecakes with a simple gluten-free pecan crust. This recipe uses cupcake tins and divides up the cheesecake filling to make three distinct flavors to delight every family member!
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Blend pecans, brown sugar, melted butter, pinch of salt, and vanilla extract together in a food processor until finely ground.
- Add cupcake liners to cupcake tin. Measure a scant 1/4 cup of ground pecans and place into the bottom of each cupcake tin. Use the bottom of the measuring cup to press the pecans into a packed crust. (You'll have more filling and crust than just 12 cupcakes, so I recommend using a second cupcake tin if available.)
- Prebake the pecan crusts for 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool while working on cheesecake filling.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk cream cheese and sour cream together until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla and then whisk in the eggs, one at a time. Whisk until the batter is smooth with no visible cream cheese chunks.
- Add a little more than 1 cup of plain cheesecake filling to three separate bowls, one for each filling flavor.
- To make the rose cheesecake filling, add 1/4 tsp rose water to one bowl and whisk. TIP: Do not add more than 1/4 tsp because the rosewater will be too strong it could taste soapy and oddly salty.
- To make the chocolate filling, melt 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and add them into the second bowl of filling and stir until smooth and creamy.
- Using the last bowl of filling for the black currant filling, stir in three tablespoons of black currant jam.
- Spoon the three fillings into cup cake liners on top of the parbaked pecan crust. Bake in oven at 325F for 15-20 minutes until the fillings have solidified.
- Once fully baked, let cheesecakes cool completely before decorating with toppings.
- Sprinkle rose flowers on top of the rose cheesecake, chocolate chips on top of chocolate cheesecake, and a small scoop of jam on top of the black currant cheesecake.
- Keep refridgerated for extra creamy and solid texture.
- Serve them on a platter together, staggering the order of the flavors. Enjoy!