Halloumi Salad with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
This beautiful salad pairs local, seasonal vegetables with our newest cheese to hit the shelf - Kynthos Halloumi! Halloumi is a salty, Greek cheese that has a high melting point so it is perfect for frying. The result is an incredible, balanced salad with a fresh tangy vinaigrette, all perfect for summer.
Local red leaf lettuce, chopped
Local tomatoes, quartered
Kynthos Halloumi cheese
Lemon Basil Vinagrette
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
Stone ground mustard
Salt and pepper
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 side salads
Calories per serving: 463
- Begin by making the dressing. Place all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until combined. Set aside.
- Use a knife to remove the corn kernels from the corn cob.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add a little bit of olive oil. Add the corn, and saute until it begins to char, 4-5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add a bit more oil to the same pan. Cut the Halloumi cheese into thin slices. Add to the pan and fry on each side until they are brown and crisp, about 5 minutes per side.
- To assemble, grab as many plates as you need (this recipe will make 1 very large salad, or 4 side salads). Make a bed with the red leaf lettuce. Top with tomatoes, corn and Halloumi.
- Drizzle on lemon basil vinaigrette & serve!