Mason Jar Gifts - Spicy BBQ Popcorn
Give the gift of popcorn in a jar! Assemble the spice mix and gift along with directions for an amazing holiday snack.
This popcorn can be made easily on the stove, and offers a delicious blend of spices for an extra unique kick.
*Combine the spice mix and place in a ziplock bag. Add to a mason jar along with 1 cup of popcorn kernels.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a thick-bottomed stock pot on medium-high heat.
- Put 3-4 popcorn kernels in the oil and wait for them to pop.
- When the kernels pop, add 1/3 cup popcorn kernels in an even layer.
- Cover the pot, remove from heat and count 30 seconds (this brings all of the kernels to a near-popping temperature so that when they are put back on the heat, they all pop at the same time).
- Return the pan to the heat. The popping should begin all at once! Once the kernels are all popping, gently shake the pan.
- Place the popcorn in a large bowl and season with 2 teaspoon olive oil and 2 1/2 teaspoon of the spice mix.