Co+op Basics: French Toast with Oats & Berry Syrup
This is a pretty standard French toast recipe, with the addition of rolled oats to add a little extra nutrition! We take a delicious mixed berry fruit spread and simmer it down to make syrup for the toast. This recipe features Co+op Basics products and comes in at $2.53 per serving. The following products are Co+op Basics:
- Feather Lane eggs
- Kilgus 2% milk
- Field Day brown sugar
- Bulk rolled oats
- Rudi's sourdough bread
- Westby butter
- Field Day mixed berry fruit spread
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Calories per serving: 539
Cost per serving: $2.53
- Start by making the syrup. In a small saucepan, add the whole jar of the mixed berry fruit spread, and 5 tablespoons of water. Simmer on medium-high until it thins out and reaches a syrup-like consistency.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar.
- In a separate shallow bowl, add the rolled oats.
- Take 1 piece of bread, dip it in the egg mixture, then coat in the oats. Repeat with remaining bread slices.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat. Melt 1/2 the butter in the pan. Add 4 slices of your bread and cook 4-5 minutes on both sides, until the bread begins to crisp up.
- Serve with mixed berry fruit syrup.