Autumn Salad with Spicy Chickpeas
Roasted, spiced chickpeas and sweet potatoes are spectacular in this festive salad.
This celebratory autumn salad makes a spectacular presentation on a colorful platter, surrounded with toasted triangles of pita cheese and an assortment of olives. You'll want to roast extra spicy chickpeas, since these are an addictive snack all by themselves.
Recipe from National Cooperative of Grocers
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Calories per serving: 390
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- While the oven heats, whisk together the mustard, olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar. Add the mint; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Line two sheet pans with parchment paper. Toss chickpeas with 2 tablespoons olive oil, spices, garlic, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; pour onto a sheet pan and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the chickpeas roast, halve the sweet potatoes and cut crosswise into half-moons. Toss with remaining olive oil, salt and black pepper. Spread onto the second pan. Set time for an additional 20 minutes and roast until potatoes are done and chickpeas are crisp.
- Arrange spinach on a platter; top with prepared veggies, chickpeas, almonds, and cranberries, and sprinkle with goat cheese if desired.