- 1 seedless cucumber (English or other type), sliced into paper-thin rounds
- 8 ounces hot-smoked salmon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces crème fraiche
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Line a 1-quart loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving a few inches of overhang on each side of the pan. Arrange rows of fanned-out sliced cucumbers in the bottom and up the sides of the plastic-lined pan, reserving enough slices to cover the top of pâté.
- Remove the skin from the smoked salmon and roughly chop the flesh. In a food processor, blend all remaining ingredients except for the reserved cucumber slices. Carefully pour the pâté into the cucumber-lined pan and top with remaining cucumber slices to cover. Wrap the pâté with the overhanging plastic wrap and nest another loaf pan on top containing something heavy (like a couple of cans of beans) to weigh it down. Refrigerate for 6 hours or longer. Unwrap and gently turn out the pâté onto a serving dish.
Simple to make, this smooth pate looks impressive served with toasted baguette slices or crackers as an appetizer, or accompanied by a mixed green or grain salad dressed in vinaigrette for a light lunch. Substitute sour cream for crème fraiche if desired.
Posted with permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at Stronger Together.Coop.