Homemade Sour Cream Crust (makes 2 crusts)
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of sugar
2 sticks unsalted butter cubed
1/2 cup sour cream full fat
1) Cut the butter into cubes.
2) In a large bowl, vigorously whisk together the flour, salt (omit if using salted butter), and sugar (if using).
3) Work the butter into the flour with your hands. Work the butter into the dough until you have what resembles a coarse meal with some flattened chunks of butter.
4) Add the sour cream to the flour butter mixture. Use a fork to incorporate into the mixture.
5) Use your hands to gather the pastry dough together into a large ball. Use a knife to cut the ball in half. Form into two disks.
6) Sprinkle all over with a little flour. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour or up to a day ahead.
7) After the dough has been sitting in the fridge for an hour, remove it and let it sit for 5-10 minutes at room temperature to become more malleable before rolling out.
8)Roll out. Fill your pie, and bake your pie at 350 for about 30-40 minutes until your pie is turning golden and flaky.