Learn how to make three artisan cookie recipes from local baker, Hannah Fink of Tooth Butter Cottage Bakery. These delicious recipes highlight the unique flavors from rye, spelt, and einkorn flours that have been locally grown and milled by Janie’s Mill. Bake along in your kitchen with our baking kit and learn elevated versions of classic cookie recipes from an expert baker and local food enthusiast!
The Cookie Menu includes:
- Toasted Rye Chocolate Chunk Cookies - Elevate a classic chocolate chunk cookie with toasted rye for
a nutty and malty flavor that creates a crispy-edged and chewy center and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt.
- Spelt Linzer Cookies - An Austrian-style buttery sandwich cookie with a heart-shaped window filled with raspberry jam that is perfect for Valentine’s Day! Kit includes a mini heart cookie cutter!
- Einkorn Shortbread Cookies with Dried Flowers - An ancient grain and superfood shortbread cookie with a golden and buttery flavor and decorated with beautiful freeze-dried edible pansies.
Register using the form below and preorder your class meal kit to pick up on Friday, February 9th from 4-6pm in the Common Ground Flatlander Classroom. Tune in for the virtual Zoom live cooking class on Saturday, February 10th from 12-2pm. You will receive email reminders about the upcoming pick-up date and a link to attend the Zoom class. Class ticket includes class baking kit and must be paid for during registration for ticket to be honored.
Baking Equipment Needed:
- A couple of mixing bowls
- 2 forks, wooden or rubber mixing spoons/spatulas, small spoon
- hand mixer or stand mixer
- plastic wrap
- sharp paring knife (for cutting shortbread)
- regular-mouth mason jar ring (for linzer rounds)
- rolling pin or wine bottle
- baking sheet pans and parchment
About Instructor: Hannah Fink of Tooth Butter Cottage Bakery
Hannah Fink, a baker and local food enthusiast, started Tooth Butter Cottage Bakery so she could be at home with her son but also keep her hands in dough. She revels in naturally leavened bread and quality pastries. Focused on organic, whole grains, mostly stone-milled and local from Janie’s Mill in Ashkum, IL. Seasonal and locally sourced fruits and produce fuel the creativity. Firm belief system that most items should include or go best with a toothy dose of good butter. She will be baking about Central Illinois in the form of special orders, subscriptions, and pop-up collaborations with fellow creators. She hopes to be a positive force in our local food systems and centralize her work on bringing good to the community. You can find her for now on Instagram, Facebook, and view current pre-orders at http://www.hotplate.com/toothbuttercu.