Plant Boss Veggie Burger
Plant Boss is our newest brand of plant-based products. Brought to you by Frontier Co-op in Norway Iowa, this burger mix is a simple & healthy alternative to a meat patty. We put it on our new St. Pierre Brioche buns, added a slice of Truly Grassfed cheddar cheese, and topped it off with our seasonal Green Goddess dressing (get the recipe here!)
- Place olive oil and hot water in a glass container. Sprinkle in the Plant Boss mix and stir. Cover and let sit for 10 minutes. Remove cover and stir again.
- Use your hands to shape the mix into 3 burgers.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add the veggie patties and cook 4-5 minutes per side, until they are shaped and golden brown.
- Add a slice of cheese to each patty. Add a little bit of water to the pan and cover with a lid until the cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, toast the brioche buns in the oven, in a toaster, or on an open stove flame.
- To assemble: spoon Green Goddess dressing on the top of the bun. On the bottom bun, add lettuce, burger patty, and tomato.