Lisa's Mediterranean Cooking Class Recipes
Local chef Lisa from Blue Dragonfly catering shows us how to create a sheet pan Mediterranean chicken (or tofu!) dish along with an orange olive oil cake.
*Chicken can be swapped out for a 15 oz package of firm tofu, drained and pressed for 30 minutes.
*Orange olive oil cake can easily be made gluten-free by swapping the flour for a gluten-free flour. All measurements remain the same.
One Sheet Pan Mediterranean Chicken
- In a gallon size ziploc bag, combine chicken, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Marinate for at least 20 minutes to 1 hour, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Place potatoes and green beans in a single layer onto the prepare baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with dragonfly dust, to taste. Top with chicken in a single layer.
- Place into oven and roast until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F, about 25-30 minutes. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly charred (if desired).
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired
Orange Olive Oil Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9-inch round cake pan.
- Mix together the sugar and eggs in a medium bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed until blended and light.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and vanilla and mix until light and smooth. Add the orange juice and zest and mix well.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in another medium bowl. Add the flour mixture half at a time to the wet ingredients and mix on low just to incorporate.
- Pour in the prepared cake pan and bake, 25 to 30 minutes. Let the cake cool 15 minutes, dust with confectioners sugar and serve.