Spicy Sofritas Burrito Bowl
This sofritas burrito bowl recipe is a light and hearty meal with just enough spice to give it an excellent kick. It is packed with protein and veggies and is super simple to prepare! The recipe is great on its own, but can always be altered by adding your favorite toppings. It's also super affordable at $2.80 per serving and features 7 Co+op Basics products!
The following products are all a part of Co+op Basics:
- Bulk white rice
- Soyboy bulk tofu
- Field Day olive oil
- Field Day vegetable broth
- Field Day tomato paste
- Field Day sweet corn
- Wild Harvest black beans
- In a medium saucepan, add rice and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low, and simmer 15-20 minutes until rice is cooked and all of the water is absorbed. Squeeze the juice from half a lime and mix in with the rice.
- Wrap the tofu in a dry towel and place something heavy on top to press out the liquid. Allow to rest under the press for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce. In a blender or food processor, add the vegetable broth, chipotle peppers, tomato paste, chili powder, salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and allow to heat. Add your sliced onions and saute until translucent, 5-7 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tofu by breaking it up and crumbling it in your hands before adding it to the pan. Stir to incorporate with the onion and garlic, and saute until it begins to turn golden brown, about 10 minutes. Add the sauce and cook an additional 7-10 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- In a separate saucepan, add the corn and blackbeans and saute until they are hot and the corn has begun to char.
- When everything is ready, grab bowls or plates. Add cooked rice, diced tomatoes, corn & black bean mixture, and tofu. Top it off with sliced lettuce and any additional toppings you desire (sour cream, cilantro, avocado, etc.) and serve!