- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeño, stem and seeds removed, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Pinch each of salt and black pepper
- 1 pound skin-on salmon filet, cut into 4 even pieces
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all of the ingredients except the salmon. Cover and refrigerate ½ cup of the chermoula sauce to serve with the finished salmon.
- Place the salmon in a baking dish and pour the remaining chermoula sauce over the filets to marinate, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat an oiled grill or a skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the salmon from the marinade and place on the grill, skin side down. Cook the salmon for 4 to 5 minutes, flip gently and cook another few minutes until the fish reaches desired doneness. Remove from heat and serve with the remaining chermoula sauce.
Accompanied by a wild rice blend studded with slivered almonds, this North African-inspired salmon dish is a bright and colorful main dish. Just add a wedge or two of lemon on the side.
Posted with permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at Stronger Together.Coop.