45¢ Per Serving
Light breakfast or snack muffins made with banana, almond meal, oat flour and gave or honey. Gluten free, slightly nutty and sweet, and so deliciously healthy.
Author: Minimalist Baker
2 flax eggs or sub 2 small eggs
2 medium ripe bananas
3 Tbsp maple syrup or honey if not vegan
3 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla or plain almond milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp oat flour (ground from GF oats)
*Optional toppings: chopped nuts, rolled oats, crumb topping
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin tin with 8 paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, prepare flax egg by mixing flaxseed + water and letting rest for a few minutes.
3. Next add bananas and mash. Add agave, baking powder, vanilla, almond milk and stir.
4. Add almond meal and oat flour and stir once more. Taste to see if it needs more sweetener. I added a touch more because I prefer sweeter muffins.
5. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean and they become somewhat firm to the touch with a little give.
6. Remove and let rest in pan for 5 minutes. Then cool all the way on a cooling rack.
High in Potassium