- 2 8-ounce whole, boneless trout, butterflied
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup roughly-chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, sliced thinly into rounds, seeds removed
- 8 ounces sliced bacon
- Preheat the oven to “broil” or high.
- Season the inside of the trout with salt, black pepper and fresh garlic. Spread the parsley and lemon slices on the length of one side of each trout, then fold to create a stuffed fish. Carefully wrap slices of uncooked bacon around the outside of each trout and secure with toothpicks. Place the trout in a large iron skillet or rimmed sheet pan and broil on high for 6 to 8 minutes. Carefully remove some of the bacon grease from the baking dish to avoid burning, then gently flip the trout and broil another 6 to 8 minutes until the bacon has crisped. Remove from oven and discard the head and toothpicks. Cut each fish in half and serve warm.
This makes a perfect summer meal served with boiled new potatoes and sweet corn salad or creamy coleslaw. Serve with jalapeño-studded hush puppies and Cajun-spiced tartar sauce for a southern twist.
Posted with permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at Stronger Together.Coop.