- 2 1/2 pounds tart apples (such as Braeburn or Granny Smith)
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup roughly-chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease or butter a 9 x 9-inch glass baking dish.
- Core, peel and cut the apples into bite-sized pieces. In a large bowl, gently toss the apples with raisins, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons honey, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger and a pinch of salt. Spread the apple mixture evenly in the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, pecans, flour, coconut, 1/2 teaspoon ginger and a pinch of salt. Cut in the butter and 1/4 cup of honey with the rest of the ingredients to make a crumbly mixture. Spread mixture evenly over the top of the apples, then place in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until bubbling and the topping is golden brown and crisp.
Serve warm or cold topped with a spoonful of yogurt. You can also substitute dried cranberries or cherries for the raisins.
Posted by permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at www.strongertogether.coop.