- 1⁄3 cup walnuts
- 1 12-ounce package whole wheat linguine
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spread walnuts in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown. Cook the pasta, according to package directions, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta cooks, blend the toasted walnuts, garlic, olive oil and basil in a food processor until a smooth paste is formed. Toss the warm linguine with the pesto, then fold in the ricotta cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve warm.
A quick antipasto platter of pickled vegetables, olives and strips of red bell pepper are a great accompaniment to this northern Italian-inspired pasta. Substitute mascarpone for the ricotta, or, for a dairy-free version, add another tablespoon of olive oil when you toss the pesto and pasta.
Posted with permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at Stronger Together.Coop.