- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 small red or Yukon potatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 12 ounces frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes, then add the ginger, garlic and potatoes and sauté for 2 minutes more. Add the water, tomato sauce and curry powder and bring to a simmer. Stir well, cover with a lid and cook 6 to 8 minutes. Add the frozen mixed vegetables and coconut milk and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Posted with permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at Stronger Together.Coop.