Ingredients: Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 6
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons yellow (or brown) mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 cup thinly-sliced yellow onion
- 1 1/2 pounds red cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- Pinch of crushed red chili flakes (optional)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until they begin to darken and pop, then add the ginger and onion and sauté for 5 more minutes. Add the cabbage, vinegar, honey, coriander and chili flakes to the pan and stir well. Cook the cabbage, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes or until tender. Season with salt and black pepper to taste and serve warm.
Full-flavored enough to stand up as a side to hearty dishes, a small bed of this braised cabbage is a colorful accompaniment to skin-on, bone-in roasted chicken, lamb or pork chops or baked, seasoned tempeh patties.
Posted with permission from StrongerTogether.coop. Find more recipes and information about your food and where it comes from at Stronger Together.Coop.