- 3/4 cup packed dark brown Fair Trade organic sugar
- 2 sticks organic butter, softened
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1/4 cup Fair Trade organic molasses
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose organic flour
- 2 teaspoons ground organic ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground organic cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground organic nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Mix butter and sugar together using an electric mixer on low or a wooden spoon.
2. Once combined, add eggs and molasses to the butter mixture.
3. In another bowl, sift the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together.
4. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix together with a spatula.
5. Scrap dough out of bowl and wrap in waxed paper. Let cool in fridge for one hour.
6. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
7. Take dough out of fridge and let sit for 15 minutes or until pliable.
8. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
9. Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface until dough is about 1/8 inch thick.
10. Cut out design with cookie cutter. Separate each cookie onto prepared baking sheet.
11. Re-roll any scraps of dough and repeat steps 9-10.
12. Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cookies look brown at the edges. Set on wire racks to cool.